Friday, March 09, 2007

Does God exist?

I have heard - for all too long - attacks against the existence of God, attacks against Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. I have to say, I am truly tired of this. Since the dawn of time man has been looking for an answer to the question "Where do I come from?" Yet, today, in our society, the ONLY acceptable answer is Darwin.

To my knowledge, there has been NO archaeological find of the "missing link". And, while I acknowledge that I share DNA with chimps and frogs, I have seen no proof that I descend directly from either. My assumption about the DNA similarities is this - I have written MANY documents in my career - meeting notes, memos etc, - and I have started with an existing document (modifying is easier than starting from scratch) So, I think God is pretty smart - and He probably used the materials at hand and modified until He got what He was after - mankind.

For those who do not believe, I do not go about making fun of you and telling you that Eternal Hell is waiting for the price of your disbelief. I respect your opinion. I believe it is not a correct opinion, but, I respect your right to it all the same.

Yet, you cannot do the same for me. So, I would like to engage you in a debate. To all those who profess there is no God, I have a couple of basic questions for you. Please take your time answering.

#1 - Do you believe there are planets out in space that are inhabitable?


#2 - If the answer to the above is yes, then do you believe there is life on
those planets?

#3 - Do you believe that life - as we know it - truly came out of the nothingness soup of the universe? That there was no "intelligent design"?

#4 - Have you ever seen the birth of a child? A puppy? A horse?

#5 - If the answer to the above is "yes", can you truly say there is not ANYTHING miraculous about that?

#6 - Do you believe that child abusers, rapists, murderers, serial killers, Hitler - are/were evil?

#7 - Do you believe that those who mutilate, maim and torture are evil?

#8 Do you believe in the existence of evil?


There is nothing that exists without it's true opposite. If evil exists - and it does - as we can clearly see from the likes of Hitler, Pol Pot, Jeffery Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Mohammed Atta, and Osama Bin Laden - then the power of good - from one true source (as everything comes from a source) exists.
Thus, God exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment