Thursday, September 29, 2005

From Flipflops to fashion statement!?!

Okay, today I am rambling and ranting. Here is the deal...what is the big fascination and attraction with flipflops? I mean really, when we were kid, you go tone pair every summer - to wear to the beach or the pool. These were NOT shoes you would wear shopping - or - God forbid, to school, work, and never to church! Now, you see flipflops EVERYWHERE! People invited to the White House have even worn the things to meet the President!

Here is the deal: they are gross. You can shed your toe-jam anywhere. Your stinky smelly feet are just out and about! It is truly nasty. For goodness sake, wear socks!

I worked at one company where - honest to God - people would walk around barefooted. Can you actually believe that one? Thank God I do not work there any more - for that and many other reasons to be sure.

On a similar topic - I have been to the grocery store on a number of occasions, and mothers (used losely) allow their children to wander the store - where you and I buy the food we eat - barefoot. Now, if it is not bad enough to have the occasion that athlete's foot will end up in your yogurt, what if someone dropped a jar of pickles, and a glass shard cut their little darling? They would sue. No question in my mind. This country is going nuts! Do you remember: "No shoes, No shirt, No service"? I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment